The NTSPP is an organization composed primarily of medical specialists who are qualified, or in the process of becoming qualified, as psychiatrists or psychiatric physicians. The basic eligibility requirement is completion of a residency program in psychiatry accredited by the Residency Review Committee for Psychiatry of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPS(C)), or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). Applicants for membership must also hold a valid state medical license as an MD or DO (with the exception of medical students and residents) and provide one reference who is an APA member.
Here are just some of the benefits of being a dues paid member:
NTSPP Membership Benefits include:
- Dinner Programs 6 times a year. Our outstanding speakers have included The Menninger Foundation’s Dr. Oldham and Dr. John Burrus of Metrocare. Annually, we co-sponsor programs with the Dallas Psychoanalytic Center and the Tarrant County Affiliate. The dinners are held at the beautiful Park Cities Club.
- Continuing Education credits, for NTSPP events, provided free of charge to our members.
- Monthly opportunities to interact with colleagues about psychiatry, your practice and issues that concern you.
Highlights of our New Website
- Website Online Forum to seek consultations and referrals, and network with members
- Website Practice Listing
- Free Advertising related to psychiatric practice set up, office space, employment needs
- NTSPP Newsletter Subscription
- Easy Online Payment Option for dinner programs and membership
Please also consider making a gift to the NTSPP Advocacy, Charity, and Education (ACE) Fund and/or HereForTexas.com.
• The NTSPP ACE Fund was established to advocate for the mentally ill as well as provide support to worthy causes. In past years, we have awarded funds to outstanding medical students, and support for CME events at UTSouthwestern.
• HereForTexas.com, is a website co-sponsored by NTSPP that provides mental health resources to North Texans.
All psychiatry PGYs are most welcome at our programs. UTSWMC psychiatrists in training who are APA/TSPP members pay only $15 for chapter dues, may pay nothing for dinners, and are preferentially subsidized by ACE donations, while UTSWMC PGYs who are not APA members may pay some or all of the dinner costs, depending on ACE Fund donations. To subsidize a PGY dinner at our programs, please click here.
Psychiatrists who are not members of APA and TSPP are most welcome at events as space permits at the full dinner program price, usually $50 per person for 4th Thursday dinner meeting at present location.
_____ $150 General Member
_____ $125 General Member Early Bird Discount (paid by January 1st)
_____ $ 75 Distinguished Life Fellows
_____ $ 75 Early Career Psychiatrists (within 3 years of graduation)
_____ $ 15 Psychiatrists in-training
***DUES ARE NOW ON THE SAME CYCLE AS APA AND TSPP, FROM JANUARY TO DECEMBER***